Tuesday, January 2, 2018

The Epiphany of the Lord

My Companions, pray with me:
Lord, help us to recognize you when you come to visit us. Accept our gifts, the gift of our love for you and all your creation. Forgive us when we fail to notice you or find your spirit in others. Thank you for the gift of your life and love. Please shower your glory on all our petitions for renewed health and for all our loved ones living and dead.
     Amen

Companion EventsBirthdays: Thomas Nale (12/31), Alan Kobza (1/1), Sue Ross (1/1) Anniversary: Whitney & Mitch Ross (12/31), DeAnna Pierce & Bob Weed (1/2), . In memoriam: Helen (Kilday) Low  (1/2/1975).

Keeping In-touch: Well, the year began with a challenge for me: I sliced a chunk off my right thumb as I cut-up potatoes for breakfast yesterday. It makes me think of how wimpy I am, especially compared to my Lord's passion and death. Our Iowa Kids returned home safely and we continue to enjoy the California Little Ones as we anticipate a New Year of love, joy, and laughter.  

The Readings: The Epiphany of the Lord

Some Commentary for prayer or study: The Sunday Website

My comments and an invitation for your comments: I sometimes wonder what the Lord tries to tell me in my dreams as I reflect on the magi from the east being warned in a dream not to return to Herod. Herod wanted to kill "the ruler who will shepherd God's people." What warnings should I be hearing? Who, in my world, wants to snuff-out the life and love of God?

No comments:

Post a Comment