Tuesday, December 26, 2017

Holy Family & Theotokos

My Companions, pray with me:

Lord, thank you for all the blessings you provide for our families and for the example of the Holy Family. Help us to grow in wisdom, grace, and age.
In our own way, we desire to bring Christ to our world and seek the prayerful aid of your Mother, Mary.
Please guide us so our families may be holy also. Help us to forgive ourselves and others who harm us. We can only do this because we experience your unconditional love.
     Amen

Companion EventsBirthdays: Jeff King (12/24), Lindsey (Ross) Cueva (12/27)

Keeping In-touch: We experienced some struggles last week: someone vandalized our friend's Nativity Scene (see earlier post) and we were stuck in I-70 traffic for 7 ½ hours returning from Copper Mountain (a 2 hour trip). But our California and Iowa Kids all arrived in Colorado safely. I played golf and tennis early in the week and froze at the end of the week. Gotta love Colorado weather. We enjoyed early Christmas Mass and a quiet dinner with the Gulmantovicz's in Pine, CO

Some Commentary for prayer or study: The Sunday Website

My comments and an invitation for your comments: I can't help but wonder how life might have been different if I had grown-up in the Holy Family. I would probably have been the black sheep! Even Joseph, Mary, and Jesus would have been challenged by my shenanigans. We have all received both blessings and challenges by, with, and from our families. Let's focus on the blessings and grow toward holiness. 

No comments:

Post a Comment