Monday, November 13, 2017

Thirty-third Sunday in Ordinary Time

My Companions pray with me: 
Lord, we desire to participate in your glorious life. We know we can not begin to imagine all you have in store for us. Help us channel your love and peace to everyone we encounter. Please comfort all those on our prayer for renewed health list. And lift up all who have gone before us in faith.
     Amen

Companion Events: Birthdays: Diane Blanchard (11/13), Donna Neal (11/14), Jim Shato (11/15), Christian Koman (11/16), George Stevens (11/17). In memoriam: Lester Prisk (11/13/12), Michael Dahlberg (11/13/16), Louise (Kilday) Smith (11/16/2005), Jean Sampson (11/17/2013), Jeanne Hoiland (11/17/2015), Mary Jepson (11/17/2012), Antoinette DeBore Hogan (11/?/14).

Keeping In-touch: I live such a charmed life but last week a cold in my back slowed me down. I'm ashamed I'm so whiny because I know that many of my companions deal with so much physical, emotional, and spiritual suffering. So I couldn't play tennis but I did more reading and Internet Surfing. The BHS Soccer Team won the 5A State Championship; congratulations to Matthew his fellow coaches and student-players.


Some Commentary for prayer or study: The Sunday Website

My comments and an invitation for your comments: 
The Lord blessed me with "a fine wife" (1st reading) and has given me many talents; I pray that my efforts will bring Him a good return (Gospel). I have always wondered why no one in this parable invested that which was entrusted to him and lost the investment?? I've concluded that no matter what it looks like from our worldly perspective, our efforts to use our talents for good brings a return for our Master.

No comments:

Post a Comment