Monday, November 20, 2017

The Solemnity of Our Lord Jesus Christ, King of the Universe

My Companions pray with me: 
Lord, we celebrate your supreme power and rule over all the universe. But, we know that you revealed yourself as servant and slaughtered lamb. Help us to know the glory that comes in the service of others. Please forgive our selfishness and transform us in the life that you offer to us each minute of the day.
     Amen

Companion Events: Birthdays: Megan (Lay) Stevens (11/19), Craig McBride (11/19), Fr. Michael Carvill (11/21), Lacey (Kobza) Noterman (11/21), Robert Brown (11/21), Sue Parker (11/21), Zoey Varra (11/21), Joyce Donahue (11/22), Richard Backus (11/23)Anniversary: Michael & Dani Schnitzer (11/19), In memoriam: Dick Smith (11/20/'84), Sam Graber (11/20/2000), Ruby Aesoph (11/21/2013).

Keeping In-touch: Oh how wonderful to celebrate Thanksgiving this week! We are so richly blessed with companions and family. Our mild weather has allowed me to work on "my albatross": cleaning the garage so I can pull the truck in. Marge has begun her baking, so we savor the holiday aromas.


Some Commentary for prayer or study: The Sunday Website

My comments and an invitation for your comments: 
This Gospel challenges me to question, "What kind of King do I seek to follow? and what has Jesus shown me about kingship?"
Although Jesus gave people food, healed their infirmities, comforted their anxieties, and promised them real hope, he did not lord his powers over them. As St. Paul said, he emptied himself. I will work to follow in the footsteps of my King, not seeking honor or wealth but seek to live fully with my companions serving God's people.

No comments:

Post a Comment