Monday, November 6, 2017

Thirty-second Sunday in Ordinary Time

My Companions pray with me: 
Lord, I am sad this morning as I think about the 28 people who were killed as they gathered for their worship service yesterday. All the pain of this evil must add to your passion that you endure for us. Help us to welcome your loving kindness and mercy as we struggle to understand and seek to comfort one another.
Thank you for Hutch's successful surgery and continue to comfort Judi and Jack and Richard in their medical treatments. I also add to our prayer list Glen and Steve who are in the hospital.
Thank you for all your wonderful gifts, especially companions who pray and respond to your goodness.Amen

Companion Events: Birthdays:  Joan Carnegie and her sister, Julie (11/5).

Keeping In-touch: With the help of friends I made three repair on the truck. Crawling under the dashboard becomes more difficult each year, but I'm pleased to do a few things to save money. We enjoyed handing-out a few treats on Halloween. And I played some singles and doubles tennis.


Some Commentary for prayer or study: The Sunday Website

My comments and an invitation for your comments: 
I find that inertia can challenge my physical and spiritual well-being. Eating, drinking, and watching sports on TV is easy; making my daily step goal and keeping active takes effort and commitment. So too, I can easily fall into a habit of rushing through my scripture readings and truncating my evening examen; quality time in prayer also takes effort and commitment.

No comments:

Post a Comment