Monday, April 6, 2015

Second Sunday of Easter Sunday of Divine Mercy

My Companions pray with me: Lord, may we bring You glory as we pass through our doubts, experience Your great love, and bring Your love to others. Forgive us for falling victim to our doubts and failing to accept Your awesome love. Thank You for all Your blessings, especially the gift of life and the expectation of everlasting life. Please bless all those who we pray for this day especially our sick, our dying, and all who have gone before us. Amen

Companion Events: Bithdays: Benjamin Mason DeQuiroz (4/4) Dani Schnitzer (4/6), Madelyn Ross (4/9).  In memoriamDave Clarke S. J. (4/4/2015).

Keeping In-touch: We enjoyed a wonderful Easter Day with family and friends. The altar and cantor at Mass were absolutely beautiful, a wonderful celebration of Our Risen Lord. We delighted in hearing of the birth of Benjamin to Eli and Jen. The passing of Fr. Clarke reminded me of my gratitude for the opportunity to work with adult students; his leadership allowed the vision of servants to build opportunities for others.

Decision Point: What is Love?

The Readings: Second Sunday of Easter, Sunday of Divine Mercy

Some Commentary: Fr. John Foley, S. J.

My comments and an invitation for your comments: 
Rarely do I doubt the power and love of the Lord these days; but often I have little trust for men and women of my time. How can we show God's love to the world when we live with so many selfish, crooked "leaders"? I can not begin to imagine a community holding all things in common (1st reading), much less selling our home and giving it to our bishops. I must focus on all the wonderful people I encounter who constantly give their time and talent to make our world a better place and who respond to God's love.

Comments, Reflections, Insights...

No comments:

Post a Comment