Monday, March 30, 2015

The Resurrection of the Lord The Mass of Easter Day


My Companions pray with me: Lord, may we live as Easter People and bring You glory in our daily lives. Shed Your mercy on us and after we fall help us to be renewed in Your Spirit. Thank You, especially for the gift of life in The Resurrection, and for all the blessings we have received. Please attend to all our needs that we list or remember this day. Bless all who have gone before us especially my Uncle and God-father Leandar who came home to you forty years ago today. Bless all who need your healing, comforting aid at this time, especially Kevin (a tennis partner's husband).

Companion Events: Bithdays: Marty Sipos (3/30), Fran Kehoe (4/1), Adam Olson (4/3), Mark Schnitzer (4/3).  In memoriam: Leandar Lay (3/30/1975).

Keeping In-touch: We're still enjoying the March Madness Basketball even though our top picks are no longer playing. I was spoiled celebrating my birthday for the week: so many wonderful people wished me well and, of course, my Bride spoiled me. The woodpecker is still banging on our flue so he must not have found a girlfriend yet! And we look forward to celebrating our high holy days: Triduum/Easter


Decision Point: Choosing your friends wisely

The Readings: The Resurrection of the Lord The Mass of Easter Day

Some Commentary: Fr. John Foley, S. J.

My comments and an invitation for your comments: 
Look at the joy in your life...even through moments of suffering. Are we an Easter People? Do we live with the hope and expectation of our participation in the Resurrection of The Lord? Do we not yet understand the Scriptures or do we "see" and believe?
Have a most joyous Easter

Comments, Reflections, Insights...

No comments:

Post a Comment