Monday, January 19, 2015

Third Sunday of Ordinary Time

My Companions pray with me: Lord, may we know and do Your Will, thus live in Your Kingdom. This will be the glory of fully alive people. Forgive us our sins and help us know Your mercy. Thank you for all your gifts. Provide us with all we need. And bless all those who have gone before us, especially, Don Shimkus.  Amen

Companion Events: Bithdays: Martin Munoz (1/18), Molly (Cole) Komon (1/23), Fr Michael Sheeran (1/24). In memoriam: Charlie Shelton S.J. (1/20/12014), Don Shimkus (1/11/2015).

Keeping In-touch: It looks like I didn't push the button to publish last week's blog (but no body missed it -- that I know of). We had a wonderful week anticipating my brother, Mike's, visit. Together we enjoyed the Rodeo. Then Mike skied on Saturday with Matthew, my son. I promoted the Retreat for Men after all our Masses this weekend. I enjoyed beautiful encounters with others. This week should be very busy...

Decision Point: Decision Point:: The Best Way to Learn

The Readings: Third Sunday of Ordinary Time

Some Commentary: Fr. John Foley, S. J.

My comments and an invitation for your comments: 
When I was young I thought the aim of life was to "get the heck outa here and get to another place: heaven." But on my journey I've discovered that God desires to live with us now...and forever more. He wants us to live under His direction that will bring out the best in us. If everyone and everything followed God's rule of love we would be in His Kingdom: heaven.

Comments, Reflections, Insights...

No comments:

Post a Comment