Monday, January 12, 2015

Second Sunday of Ordinary Time

My Companions pray with me: Lord,You call us to the fullness of life. We praise You and dedicate ourselves to You. But too often we fail to live in Your glory; please forgive us. We have hearts filled with gratitude for all You bestow on us, especially Your call to live in and with You. Please continue to attend to all our needs: we ask for health especially for our companions on our prayer lists. Amen

Companion Events: Bithdays: Kathy Shaefer (1/15), Mary (Dean) Norton (1/15). In memoriam: Lina Kilday (1/18/1958).

Keeping In-touch: Our latest snow has melted and the week passed by quickly. We've returned to our "irregular" routine: education stuff and church stuff for the most part. Marge has begun sorting pictures from the old chest: oh! what treasures she has discovered. 

Decision Point: Decision Point:: The Prayer Process

The Readings: Second Sunday of Ordinary Time

Some Commentary: Fr. John Foley, S. J.

My comments and an invitation for your comments: 
Who is calling us? Often I believe the Lord calls but like Eli I don't know who's calling. At the same time, I, like Andrew and the other disciple of John I want to know where Jesus is staying. And I hear Him, through my Companions-in-Prayer, say, "Come and see." Then when I experience His love I want to call all my brothers and sisters. May we all, like Peter, drop our nets and know that Jesus will provide all we need.

Comments, Reflections, Insights...

No comments:

Post a Comment