Monday, January 26, 2015

Fourth Sunday of Ordinary Time

My Companions pray with me: Lord, may we bring You glory as we seek truth and humbly live authentically. Please forgive us when we fail; we trust Your mercy. Thank You for all we have especially friends and family that celebrate life with us. Please provide for all we need.  Amen

Companion Events: Bithdays: Edmund Lay "Dad" (1/27), Mary Ellen (Lay) Olson (1/29), Colleen (Weed) Galdys (1/30), Vicki Schnitzer (1/31), John Kane (2/1), Mike DePriest (2/1). In memoriam: Paul Pitzen  (1/26/2008), Wally Shultz (1/27/2014), Fr. Gerald Sheeds (1/30/2013).

Keeping In-touch: Marge found a cheap flight and I flew to Chicago-land to celebrate Dad's 90th birthday. I visited with cousins I had not seen for many, many years. My siblings threw a wonderful party for Dad. Marge went on a woman's retreat to pray for my sorry soul. We should have a good week enjoying the Spring-like weather.

Decision Point: Decision Point:

The Readings: Fourth Sunday of Ordinary Time

Some Commentary: Fr. John Foley, S. J.

My comments and an invitation for your comments: 
At times I should "hold my tongue" and silence the selfish, wanting-it-my-way self. But at other times I need to speak-up for the truth I know and the glory of life with Jesus.

Comments, Reflections, Insights...

No comments:

Post a Comment