Monday, December 8, 2014

Third Sunday of Advent

My Companions pray with me: Lord, may we praise You by bringing good news to the poor, by releasing those who live in political oppression, by attending to those in physical pain and suffering, and by helping those with physical, emotional, intellectual, or spiritual addictions. Have mercy on all our selfishness and sin. We thank You for all Your blessings. And we come to You with all our needs.


Companion Events: Bithdays: Whitney Ross (12/10), Isablel Grace Parise (12/12), Lina Hettermann (12/13). Anniversary: Nick and Katie Johnson (12/11/2010). In memoriam: Eddie Hogan (12/9/1999).
.
Keeping In-touch:  The week was filled with good moments of preparation and prayer this Advent: decorating, prayer groups, the Symphony with my friend, Esuatce, and, of course, tennis.

Decision Point: Decision Point:: Second Chances

The Readings: Third Sunday of Advent

Some Commentary: Fr. John Foley, S. J.

My comments and an invitation for your comments:  

If people approached me like they approached John the Baptist and asked me, "Who are you, cyber-evangelist?" I would say: "I'm just a man."
"No!" I would say, "I am a man! A man call to radiate life"
Be holy as your Heavenly Father is Holy. Holy means life-giving.
"But, I'm a sinful man. I don't care for the poor, imprisoned, oppressed, or the sick as much as I should. I don't always accept Jesus' love which will heal my poverty, my imprisonment, my addictions, and my illnesses.
But I'm filled with hope that Jesus will continue to enter my life each day, work at transforming me, and invite me to His Second Coming.
I am a very blessed man called to use my talents for God's Kingdom. This is exciting!!"


Comments, Reflections, Insights...

1 comment:

  1. Please pray for Cara Lou Ross (Mark's Mother) and the whole Ross family. Cara Lou is in intensive care. Her family surrounds her with their love.

    ReplyDelete