Monday, December 15, 2014

Fourth Sunday of Advent

My Companions pray with me: Lord, when we contemplate Your Glory and Majesty we tremble; may we praise You with all our being. Please forgive the times we have turned from You and failed to love You, our sisters and brothers, or our very selves. Thank You for all Your gifts, especially these companions who pray with us and support us in serving You and one another on our road to You. Please bless and comfort all of us in need, our ancestors, our poor, our sick and those most in need of Your comfort and care, especially our son-in-law's recovery from his bicycle/car accident (Jason) and for Cara Lou Ross and all her family and friends.


Companion Events: Bithdays: Danielle Lay (12/16), Pope Francis (12/17), Theresa Lynn Lay (Tessa) (12/18), Lily Koman (12/20), Chuck Olson (12/21). Anniversary: Christy and Josh Parise (12/17/2004). In memoriam: Curt Farrell (12/16/2002).
.
Keeping In-touch:  I played tennis four days out of seven; what wonderful weather we enjoyed last week, but the snow fell yesterday to remind us that this is December! The warmer temperatures also made outdoor decorating for the celebration of the Lord's Incarnation a more pleasant experience. We enjoyed Fr. Ed's choral Christmas concert. The beautiful music and bell-ringers challenged some of my "grouch" attitude. We have our last Tennis Breakfast League gathering for the year and have lost our indoor opportunities :(    We're anxiously anticipating the arrival of the Iowa and California Kids for Christmas. 

Decision Point: Decision Point:

The Readings: Fourth Sunday of Advent

Some Commentary: Fr. John Foley, S. J.

My comments and an invitation for your comments:  

Even as a 6th grade kid the person and limited story we have of St. Joseph impressed me so much that I chose him as my Confirmation Patron. In some ways I must have known of my calling to be a father. And today I want to follow his example of love and care for Mary and Jesus. I don't think I want angels showing-up to explain things to me. That might scare the daylights out of me. But, at times, I do tend to my dreams and try to listen to the Lord's call to me from my deeper self. When it seems that the Lord's throwing me curve-balls, I think of St. Joseph and know that I'm playing in the minor leagues. Still, I call on him to help me hit-one-outta-the-park for The Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment