Monday, December 22, 2014

Christmas and the feast of The Holy Family

My Companions pray with me: Lord,

Companion Events: Bithdays: Julie (Lay) Schnitzer (12/22), Judi (Lay) Cole (12/22), Marie (Lay) Weingart (12/22), Jeff King (12/24), Jesus of Nazareth (12/25), Lindsey Ross (12/27).

Keeping In-touch: Our Breakfast Tennis League concluded our season and celebrated the end of a grand time. Marge took advantage of an Advent Evening Retreat. And I met with my "personal board" to find advice and direction for my The Emmaus Institute work; they blessed me, richly. I spent a good amount of time on the thorntontennis.org website. Nathan kept us busy one afternoon.

Decision Point: Decision Point:

The Readings: Christmas Masses       

                   and  The Holy Family of Jesus, Mary and Joseph

Some Commentary: Fr. John Foley, S. J.

My comments and an invitation for your comments: 
We took a ride one evening to look at the way people have decorated their homes this Christmas season. We figured that less than 5% of the decorated houses featured the Nativity. This seemed shallow but, at least, festive. Jesus came that we might live life abundantly. Many of us want to life life to its fullest. We may need to take more time to find that in quiet reflection on the Nativity...and on the holy family of Jesus, Mary, and Joseph.
Yard Nativity at 495 Dover Ct, Broomfield, CO. Merry Christmas to all. Be filled with joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment