Monday, July 14, 2014

Sixteenth Sunday in Ordinary Time

The devil sowing...
My Companions pray with me: May we adore You, Lord, by growing the good you have sown within us. Please forgive our efforts to weed the world rather than focus on the good grain around us. Thank You for all Your gifts. And please continue to provide all that we need, especially our health.

Birthdays Larry Lay (7/14), Mary Lawrence (7/16), Amiee Aron (717), Larry Grau (7/20), Marcel Dumestre (7/20);  Anniversary: Megan (Lay) & Cullen Stevens) (7/14/2001).

Keeping In-touch:  We covered a lot of ground (literally, 1500+ miles) last week. We took a beautiful, but grueling, trip through Wyoming to Helena, MT. I attended and presented at the "MountainMoot" that took place at Carroll College in Helena. As always, Marge supported me in my travels and learning. We met wonderful people and participated in the liturgy on Thursday and Friday at the beautiful Cathedral of St. Helena. So now we recover from the trip and work on the camper an the garden.

The Readings: Sixteenth Sunday in Ordinary Time

Some Commentary: Fr. John Foley, S. J.

My comments and an invitation for your comments: I want to get rid of the weeds, the weeds in my self and the weeds growing around me! But this gospel challenges me to let the weeds be and work on the good seed in me and in my environment. There is so much good in the world. Let's focus on the good and help us grow.
John

Comments, Reflections, Insights...

No comments:

Post a Comment