Monday, July 7, 2014

Fifteenth Sunday in Ordinary Time

My Companions pray with me: We call to You, Lord, and proclaim our love for You. We seek Your mercy for our failures of omission or commission to receive Your love and bear fruit in the building of Your Kingdom. We thank You for all Your gifts. And we ask You to attend to all our needs: especially help Dave Larson in his recovery and Bill Prymak in his tumor operation today, Monday. 

Birthdays Dave Larson (7/9), Katie (Norton) Frodl (7/10), Ryan Beck (7/11), Anniversary: John & Maggie (Wdowiarz ) Lay (7/11/2009); In memoriam: Paul Pitzen (7/8/2008), Lesley Ann Meyer (7/10/2013),Birdene DeBoar (7/12/2007)

Keeping In-touch:  We kept busy this week celebrating the 4th of July holiday with family and friends. My good friend, Larry, and his son, Tom, helped us take down our dead aspen trees and Al & Connie helped with some of the clean-up. We saw a wonderful gentleman's final at Wimbledon, even if my favorite, Roger, didn't win. The dog-days of summer are here and we're enjoying all we can.

The Readings: Fifteenth Sunday in Ordinary Time

Some Commentary: Fr. John Foley, S. J.

My comments and an invitation for your comments: This parable challenges me to examine the state of my "soil." Am I hardened like the rocks or the path? Do I let the weeds of the world choke me? To what extent do I allow the joy of the Lord find a fertile place in me? I know I have had selfish moments this week when I didn't get my way... support of my friends helped me to carry my little cross. Maybe that will make my ground more fertile in days to come.
John

Comments, Reflections, Insights...

No comments:

Post a Comment