Monday, July 21, 2014

Seventeenth Sunday in Ordinary Time

My Companions pray with me: Oh Lord, if we knew of Your great love for us, we would never stop singing Your praises. We would know Your mercy and kindness and hate all our sinfulness. Thank You for all Your love; the gratitude we have can only grow. We ask you for all our needs: wisdom as we grow older; health and patience as we struggle with our daily crosses. Especially we ask you to comfort all the people on our list for renewed health. Please continue to watch over Bill Prymak and his family. Bless all who have gone before us...

Birthdays Fr. Jim Guyer (7/14), Cameron Ross (7/21), Michael Schnitzer (7/27). In memoriam: Mary Kilday (7/25/2003), Agnus Klus (7/26/2010)

Keeping In-touch:  We almost recovered from our trip to Helena and headed for the hills for a wonderful, long weekend with most of our SCC group. We enjoyed all the little ones that came on this trip. I followed Nathan's lead climbing rocks. And I have a few memories in my arms and legs. Uncle Bill (Bill Smith) blessed us by putting protective wheels on the back of the camper, adding a bicycle rack receiver to the camper bumper, and plugging-up holes under the camper to keep out unwelcome guests! Looks like the camper will have a few weeks rest.

The Readings: Seventeenth Sunday in Ordinary Time

Some Commentary: Fr. John Foley, S. J.

My comments and an invitation for your comments: "Where have I found treasure?" I ask myself. "And have I bought any fields that hold the treasure?" I find The Kingdom of God in His People who love Him and love all of His Creation. This is the treasure worth spending myself on! Hopefully, all the other "things" in my life serve this work of receiving His love and passing His love on.
John

Comments, Reflections, Insights...

No comments:

Post a Comment