Monday, July 28, 2014

Eighteenth Sunday in Ordinary Time

My Companions pray with me: May our lives praise You and give You glory, Lord! Forgive all our sins and help us to treat one another with mercy. Thank You for all Your gifts, especially our health. And please provide all we need to bring You glory: please be with Bill Prymak, now in hospice care; help all migrant people throughout the world, especially children; bless all our bread and help us to share all our gifts with others.

Birthdays Marie Friedeman (7/28), Ted McMurdo (7/29), Karen (Norton) Graveland (8/1), Maggie (Wdowiarz) Lay (8/2). Anniversary: Bev and Larry Grau (7/28/1962); In memoriam: John Lay (7/28/1963), Rosemary Fitzgibbons (8/3/2013).

Keeping In-touch:  We have good news to share: Marge had a very positive Dr's appointment this week (examination and blood work...good results) and we're enjoying being survivors: praise the Lord! Matthew returned to us from foreign lands and we helped him paint his place (what fun).

The Readings: Eighteenth Sunday in Ordinary Time

Some Commentary: Fr. John Foley, S. J. 
(click here for a link to "Come to the Water.")

My comments and an invitation for your comments: 
Jesus needed to find a quiet space to be one with You, Father, when John was murdered. May I always turn to You in my times of sadness and loss. Be with me as I celebrate joy and goodness in the world. Open my eyes as I come to the water and know Your works, appreciate the signs of Your Life among us. 
John

Comments, Reflections, Insights...

No comments:

Post a Comment