Monday, March 24, 2014

Fourth Sunday of Lent

My Companions pray with me: LORD, please grant us all that we need to live a full life that will bring You glory. Especially we ask for the intentions on our prayer list. Thank You for all Your blessings; may we use all Your gifts in the service of others. And we seek Your forgiveness for missing the mark and failing to live in the fullness of Your love.

Birthdays: John Lay (3/24), Bill Prymak (3/25), Mark Ross (3/29), Michael Olson (3/29), Marty Sipos (3/30). In memoriam: Bishop Oscar Romero (3/30/1980).

Keeping In-touch: I'm ready for my Bride to return to me, tomorrow. But I have kept busy with course work and all my other church and civic activities. Marge enjoys her time with two of the grandchildren but it makes her miss the others. We'll participate in our small church community retreat this coming weekend; so please pray for us. Otherwise we're just anticipating Springtime and the return of "the boys of summer."
The Readings: Fourth Sunday of Lent

Some Commentary: Fr. John Foley, S. J.
My comments and an invitation for your comments: 

I can not but be challenged to reflect on my own "blindness" and my failure to live in humility, like the pharisees. There is no sin in our physical limitations. Our sin is our failure to trust in The Lord who desires that we "see."
John

Comments, Reflections, Insights...

No comments:

Post a Comment