Monday, March 31, 2014

Fifth Sunday of Lent

My Companions pray with me: LORD, help us to live with the same love and compassion that Jesus showed Martha, Mary, and Lazarus. May our love of others bring You glory. Please forgive our selfishness and sin: our forgetting Your awesome love. Thank You for all the gifts You shower upon us, especially our companions who love and challenge us. Please give us what we need this week, help us to steward Your blessings gracefully.

Birthdays: Adam Olson (4/3), Mark Schnitzer (4/3), Dani Schnitzer (4/6).


Keeping In-touch: We have been enjoying a challenging, grace-filled, SCC (small Christian community) retreat with some of the companions in our SCC Group and Fr. Eustace. Our hearts are filled with gratitude to the McMurdo family and all our benefactors for the gift of this weekend. Caitlin has left us and Kim will visit us for a few more days before she leaves for the Peace Corps. The Flyers made it to the elite eight but... Rockies baseball begins today... we're undefeated! We'll return home and continue our Lenten preparation for our celebration of the Resurrection in a few weeks.
Extra: Here's a clip that was played by Connie and Marge at our retreat. 1st part is our relationship or feeling that God inspires in us through his creation.  2nd is the relation that God desires to have with us.
The Readings: Fifth Sunday of Lent

Some Commentary: Fr. John Foley, S. J.
My comments and an invitation for your comments: 

This Gospel reminds me how Jesus loves us. He wants us to see; he wants us to live.  But, an irony hits me as I read and reflect on this Gospel. Jesus responds without concern about his friend's illness. "This will not end in death." But Lazarus dies and Jesus cries. Jesus loves his friends and death has no control of him.
This is how I want to live. I aspire to love my family, my friends, and everyone I encounter with all the enthusiasm I can muster. I give no control to death because I welcome the Christ into my life. I will work to live with joy and compassion.
John

Comments, Reflections, Insights...

No comments:

Post a Comment