Saturday, December 15, 2012

Third Sunday of Advent

My Companions pray with me: LORD, comfort us in this time of tragedy! How can we rejoice when little children have been shot? You are in our midst, but a pall drapes our days. Thank you for the renewed health of Chuck and Dad. Please continue to bless them and heal Lori Beth and Kelly DeBoar. Help us to let our lives sing your glory and know that You will dry all our tears.

Birthday: Chuck Olson (12/21), Julie (Lay) Schnitzer (12/22), Judi (Lay) Cole (12/22).
 
Keeping In-touch:  Marge keeps busy
preparing for Christmas and doing her elder care work. I stole away and skied "the ribbon of death" with my friend Fr. Ed (he'll teach me to ski again, or kill me), but have kept busy at the school. We'll complete the "Inside Islam" class at church this weekend. The Georgens fed us a most wonderful dinner and we will be entertained by the Elliot children this evening. Lori Beth recovers from her gallstone issue and Chuck is on-the-mend. Kelly DeBoar, Connie Kobza's niece will have a cyst in her thigh removed to keep it from attacking her bones, please keep her in your prayer.  he tragedy in Connecticut makes us so sad but also determined to love more fully to repudiate evil!
The Readings: Third Sunday of Advent

Some Commentary: Fr. John Foley, S. J.
My comments and an invitation for your comments:  The first reading is so joyful it helps to raise my spirits. And the Gospel reading poses the question that constantly resonates in my prayer: What do you want me to do? Hopefully I will celebrate and listen more fully this week. How about you?

John


Comments, Reflections, Insights...

No comments:

Post a Comment