Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Second Sunday of Advent

My Companions pray with me: LORD, may your glory shine forever! May all people of good will see the light of your glory through all our words and actions. Please accept our repentance for the forgiveness of our sins. And know the gratitude in our hearts for all your good gifts: especially the gift of new life in the birth of Caleb Foresman. Give us what we need to "make straight the path" for the building of your kingdom: especially bless Chuck at his cancer surgery and all who recover from sickness. Bless our work and make it the work of your hands.
Birthday: Caleb Froesman (12/3), Danielle Lay (12/16). Anniversaries: Katie (Lay) & Nick Johnson (12/11), Mark & Sue Ross (12/12).
 
Keeping In-touch:  I have had some wonderful moments of consolation in prayer lately, but really have a "bah humbug" spirit about all the "holiday issues." Our "Inside Islam" sessions have provide a challenging opportunity to work to understand all of God's children and to become more faithful in our response to God's love. The warm weather has given the opportunity for more fun recreation (tennis). And our new activities (Marge's elder care-giving and my cafeteria tasks)
keep us on our toes at the beginning of this new Church year and the end of our calendar year.
The Readings: Second Sunday of Advent

Some Commentary: Fr. John Foley, S. J.
My comments and an invitation for your comments:  The reading from Baruch struck me with the proclamation that God will bring "our children" back to us "borne aloft in glory." Oh how wonderful it will be when we will all live filled with the glory of God! Hopefully, this week I will take to heart the call of John the Baptist to "see the salvation of God."

John


Comments, Reflections, Insights...

2 comments:

  1. A note from my father:
    I just got a phone call fromJudi and she asked me to send the following info to you. She talked to Mary Ellen and was told that Chuck has cancer of the kidney.
    He will have surgery Wednesday afternoon at Edwards hospital in Naperville.Things don't look very good and I guess praying for him is about all we can do.I'll forward more info to you as I get it. Judi said Mary was pretty shook up, but I guess that can be expected. Love to all, Pray hard!! Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. And Taylor Smith left this one on Facebook:
    Hayley and Eddie had their 4th baby today!! Baby Caleb Foresman! 6Lbs 19 inches!!

    ReplyDelete