Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Fourth Sunday of Advent

My Companions pray with me: LORD, help us to serve others as Mary traveled to attend to Elizabeth. May our spirits jar us to joy as the babe within Elizabeth leaped at the sound of Mary's voice. Forgive us when our desires and expectations focus on insignificant things; help us know our true desire for You, Our Awesome God of Love! Thank You for all the good You rain upon us and continue to give your healing touch to all on our list of prayer.

Birthday: Lindsey Ross (12/27).
 
Keeping In-touch:  Not much rest for us last weekend: Marge had church-cleaning & I had the topic for M.A.S.H (see "Seeking Holiness in the Shadow of Tragedy"), Regis Graduation, and the final session of "Inside Islam." All the news-ertainment rehashed the tragic events of Friday, but the Broncos continued to win and divert our attention.

The Readings: Fourth Sunday of Advent

Some Commentary: Fr. John Foley, S. J.
My comments and an invitation for your comments:  We often think that "Love your neighbor" means to, in some abstract way, "Love everyone." The Gospel this week gives us an example: Mary's "neighbor" was her cousin, Elizabeth. I need to love each person I encounter in my daily journey and in them all people of good will.

John


Comments, Reflections, Insights...

No comments:

Post a Comment