Friday, November 16, 2012

Thirty-third Sunday in Ordinary Time

My Companions pray with me: LORD, help us trust in your plans for us. Give us wisdom in these times of political and economic trial. Help us to see the signs among us and listen to the deep desire in our hearts that longs for you. Forgive us our selfishness and our choices that lead us away from you. Thank you for all our blessings, especially renewed health for Marge, Dani and Dad. Comfort us in our times of trouble; help us to trust in you. Let your light shine on all who have gone before us, especially Lester Prisk.
 
Birthday: Megan Lay (11/19), Fr. Michael Carvill (11/21), Lacey Kobza. Anniversaries: Michael & Dani Schnitzer (11/19)  In Memoriam: Richard Smith Jr. (11/19/1968), Richard Smith (11/20/1984).
 
Keeping In-touch:  Our week has been full as Marge had her port removed and is recovering from the procedure and I traveled to Chicago-land to visit my father who is home now recovering from his stay in the hospital. I will have the opportunity to visit with family while in the Chicago area to attend meetings at the annual American Academy of Religion event. And we're all looking forward to "turkey-day." Hopefully we will all celebrate our hearts of gratitude and put all the mercantile activities in context.

The Readings: Thirty-third Sunday in Ordinary Time

Some Commentary: Fr. John Foley, S. J.
My comments and an invitation for your comments:  I'm struck by the apocalyptic flavor of our readings this weekend as I listen to the reports of the build-up for an invasion of Gaza. This world seems to be headed to fall over many "cliffs." We do live in a time of crisis. I hope I will become aware of the signs opened to me. I hope we will all contribute to the welfare that the LORD wants for all.

John


Comments, Reflections, Insights...

No comments:

Post a Comment