Friday, November 9, 2012

Thirty-second Sunday in Ordinary Time

My Companions pray with me: LORD, help us to trust in you as did the widow of Zarephath and the poor widow at the treasury. Help us to know your awesome love for us, especially in trying times. With this trust give us hearts of gratitude: thank you for all your blessings and promises. Forgive us our selfishness and lack of trust. May we be fully alive and bring you glory. Please send your healing love on Danni, Dad, and George as they all continue to recover.
Birthday: Pat Dolan (11/14), Jim Shato (11/15), George Stevens (11/17). In Memoriam: Louise Smith (11/16/2005).
 
Keeping In-touch:  GREAT NEWS: Marge received a clean bill of health from her oncologist today! I'm posting toward the end of the week because I've been busier than usual. I began a part-time job as a cafeteria manager for my friend, Fr. Ed's Parish, this week. This will help us in some "tough times" and I'm serving with delightful people and precious children. My friend, Bill, helped me to accumulate
my 10,000 steps/day a couple times this week running me around the tennis courts. While much of our nation suffers challenging weather, we have enjoyed some beautiful days. My father was hospitalized at the start of the week but is scheduled to return to his home on Saturday. Hopefully some diet changes will help his "roughed-up" insides. I'm very fortunate to have planned a trip to Chicago to see him and attend some AAR meetings next week. Thanks for your prayers for him.
The Readings: Thirty-second Sunday in Ordinary Time

Some Commentary: Fr. John Foley, S. J.
My comments and an invitation for your comments:  I know I become discouraged and don't really trust that the LORD will "write straight with crooked lines," especially when I'm dealing with "the Scribes and the Pharisees" of our day. I do much better when I'm better with my prayer & meditations...

John


Comments, Reflections, Insights...

No comments:

Post a Comment