Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Thanksgiving Day (special)

My Companions pray with me: Thank you LORD for all your gifts. Especially, thank you for my companions in prayer who encourage, support, and challenge me to know you and live in your most gracious love. Thank you for our lives of plenty and your promise of eternal life. Continue to help me to grow in gratitude and to more fully serve you and my neighbors. Help me to use all your gifts with responsible stewardship and love.
 
The Readings: Thanksgiving Day

Some Commentary:
My comments and an invitation for your comments:  I'm ashamed to admit that I have often received wonderful gifts of material, emotional and/or spiritual gifts and have failed to enthusiastically turned to the LORD and given heartfelt thanks. I'm more likely to focus on the benefits of others or my unfilled desires than to appreciate all the life with which I have been blessed: I'm a leper who "forgets" to return to give thanks to the LORD. How will you give thanks and nourish your heart of gratitude?

John


Comments, Reflections, Insights...

No comments:

Post a Comment