Monday, October 22, 2012

Thirtieth Sunday of Ordinary Time

My Companions pray with me: LORD, help us to quiet ourselves so we become fully in-tune with what we want. Help us to know our deepest desires and how they point to our desire for you. Fill our hearts with gratitude and take away all that alienates us from one another, from our world, and from you. Help us to really see so, acting on our faith, we may bring you glory. 

Birthdays: Mike Lay (10/31), Dcn Lugaid Brugha (11/2), Mike Norton (11/2), Elonore Kobza (11/4), Larry Pribyl (11/4)
. Anniversaries: Larry & Judy Lay (11/29), Shelley Kari & Ken Lay (11/1).

Keeping In-touch: Not much has changed, since I was late last week, but getting off to an early start this week. We participated in a wonderful celebration of Fr. Eustace's 50th Anniversary of entering the Society of Jesus. And Fr. Ed Poehlmann treated us to a delightful concert with some good Wyoming/Colorado music. Our friends, Gary & Joan returned from their sojourn to Pennsylvania and celebrated their return and Marge's birthday, 'cause they missed the earlier festivities! The weather prognosticators warn us of a snowstorm toward the end of this week, just in time for the trip we're planning to visit Marge's nephew, Timmy, at the seminary in Colorado Springs. If we get stuck for a while, I expect that the Holy Cross Fathers will at least show the Notre Dame football game!
The Readings: Thirtieth Sunday in Ordinary Time

Some Commentary: Fr. John Foley, S. J.
My comments and an invitation for your comments:  
Fr. Foley's challenge this week hits the spot for me: what is it that you want? I think I know. I think it's in-tune with what the LORD wants. I think I need to learn to squawk better! How about you?
John

Comments, Reflections, Insights...

No comments:

Post a Comment