Saturday, October 20, 2012

Twenty-ninth Sunday in Ordinary Time

My Companions pray with me: LORD, thank you for all your gracious gifts, especially your gift of healing of our loved ones. Help us to be good servants and not to seek places of honor. Please be with us as we carry our little crosses each day. Let us be filled with your life and bring you glory.

Birthdays: Bill Husson (10/22), Don Lay (10/24, Haley (Smith) Foresman (10/27), Jason Schnitzer (10/27), Cameron Frodl (10/28), Tim Weed (10/28)
. Anniversary: Carol & Andy Ondish (10/22).

Keeping In-touch: The week slipped away again... My daughter Megan came for a visit and we all celebrated Nathie's third birthday. He was so filled with joy with all his gifts of cars and books. He grows so fast. Thank you for all your prayers for Danielle Lay, she is recovering from the surgery and will hopefully be freed from the awful migraine headaches.  

The Readings: Twenty-ninth Sunday in Ordinary Time

Some Commentary: Fr. John Foley, S. J.
My comments and an invitation for your comments:  
We must have all tried the tactic of James and John when we were children, "Mom or dad, please just give us what ever we ask for." And we heard the response, "What is it you want?"
And we've all heard the saying, "Watch-out for what you ask (pray) for!"
So once again, in Mark's Gospel, we witness the very humanness of the disciples. I hope these examples will help me to check my wishes and desires. I hope they will help me seek the Lord's callings for my life; for that will truly bring me joy.

John

Comments, Reflections, Insights...

No comments:

Post a Comment