Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Second Sunday of Lent

My Companions: We have moved our clocks forward and I notice birds chirping away when I rise in the morning.  With new life budding around us we naturally adore our Creator when we pause and notice our Life-giver in all things. Of course, we still miss opportunities to bring life to others or make selfish decisions; but sorrow for these failings is met with the warmest reconciliation from Our Lord.  Hopefully the gratitude in our hearts for our blessings, and even trials, grows and enriches our days as we thank our Heavenly Father. And we continue to ask for "our daily bread" comfort for all those suffering in our world: "please Lord bless all the victims of natural and political disasters; and help our friend, Nancy, as she continues to again fight the cancer that has returned; help all of us to move closer to you this Lent."

Birthdays: Suzie Perry (3/16), Charlie Stevens (3/17), Lindsay Smith (3/17), Rick Dunn (3/17), Trish Buckley (3/17), Bob Weed (3/18), Chris DeBaar (3/19)

Keeping In-touch: It's Wednesday already! The week flew by.  I had good news about potential accounts in Illinois and Michigan, enjoyed a couple lunches with friends and even sneaked away to drowned a couple worms in a local pond a couple times (I went fishin' not catchin').  We were on Spring Break for the traditional college students but I started an online class.  You know, no rest for the....

Readings: Second Sunday of Lent

Fr. Foley's ReflectionsBrilliant Suffering


My comments & the invitation to share your insights
Once again I was struck by St. Peter's reaction in the Gospel reading for Sunday.  The apostles experience Jesus in the fullness of His humanity and divinity and Peter wants to build a monument.  I guess that I'm a lot like St.Peter: I always want to do something rather than revel in the glory God presents to me in all the blessings I enjoy.  Likewise, Fr. Foley hit the nail on the head today when he calls us to see the glory through suffering.  There is so much suffering with earthquakes and political dishevelment; it's really a challenge to see God through all of it... a challenge we can arise to in Christ.


May the peace of Christ be with you all,


John

No comments:

Post a Comment