Friday, March 25, 2011

Third Sunday of Lent

Woman at the well
My Companions: Let us praise God: His glory we find in water... and all the life within us.  Let us seek forgiveness of our failure to share that water, and all good things with our brothers and sisters. Let us fill our hearts with gratitude for all good gifts.  And let us request all we need allow His Kingdom to come to fruition in us!  I have a special request for your prayers for Tim Brich who died March 18th and for his wife Jeanne and their daughters Abby and Allie and all their family and friends.  Also, our friend, Andy Ondish, lost his father and Andy had back surgery.  Continue to pray for all the people on our list especially Nancy Fitzgibbons who is now in the hospital with much pain.

Birthdays: Karen Carnegie (3/22), Rachel (Kobza) Varra (3/23), Sallie Dembeck (3/23), John Lay (3/24), Mark Ross (3/29), Michael Olson (3/29), Marty Sipos (3/30), Fran Kehoe (4/1).

Keeping-intouch: I'm late again but we have been celebrating my birthday all week... I'm basking in all the attention from family and friends.  I hope to live my 60s with greater gusto than I did my 50s.

Readings for Third Sunday of Lent

Fr. Foley's Reflection: Nothing Else
My Comments: This gospel reading has been one of my favorites since the 60s when Peter, Paul and Mary (singing group, not Saints) sang Jesus met the woman at the well and I began to reflect on Jesus' love and forgiveness; how he calls, even me, to "tell everyone I know" how "He told me everything I ever did!"  The woman asks "How can you, a Jew, ask me, a Samaritan woman, for a drink?"  Too often I wonder how Jesus can ask me, a sinful man, to be His hands and heart and mind...  I'm not worthy but the Lord makes me worthy!!!

May the Peace of Christ be with you all,

John

Leave a comment... maybe the Lord wishes to touch others through your insight today!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment