Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Solemnity of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary

My Companions: Please pray with me for Dr. Phil Bammer who had a heart attack and died on Saturday.  Continue to remember all the people on our lists.  And may we open ourselves to God's Glory as Mary did! 


Birthdays: Neil Cyrus (8/11).  Anniversary: Michele & Mike Lay (8/12)

Keeping in-touch: Dr. Phil (Dr. of Chiropractic) relieved me of intense pain in my back and knee and it seemed like a miracle.  I had not seen him for years but often thought of his gentle, respectful spirit.  He was six months younger than I am; the news of his passing makes me, again, wonder about how fragile life is.  This weekend we will have the opportunity to visit with Pat Dolon in Vail; she graced us with the most wonderful hospitality two years ago when we were in Ireland.  Our summer has been filled with good trips to the Mountains; we had a good time with Connie, Alan, Rachel and Peter as they shared "the ghost stories from the Stanley Hotel": they were much more calm than Stephen King's stories.

The Readings: Solemnity of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary

Comments on the Readings: Fr. Foley, "Mary had a lifelong habit of listening to God’s love. She knew the Holy Spirit when she received it."
My comments: My imagination is so puny!  What can it mean to become one, body and soul, with God?  This world is probably more strange than we can (are capable) imagine (Tom Martin).  Some of my protestant friends (or even protesting Catholics) have a difficult time with this wonderful feast, but, for a simple guy like me, it stretches my imagination.  How wonderful a more full experience of the communion of saints will be!

May the peace of Christ be with each of you,

John

1 comment:

  1. Phil was the best man at our wedding 11 years ago. He was a good friend to my husband and help me after a serious accident back in 2000. Don't let time go by without being with the people you love. Rest in Peace Phil.

    ReplyDelete