Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Second Sunday of Easter

My Companions: Let us pray for all who need encouragement in the Love of God: those depressed or sick or saddened by life's trials.  But let's not forget to praise the Lord for all the glory that surrounds us each day.  Our list is long and filled with sorrows and joys (keep me posted on the glory you discover and the sorrows for our prayer and compassion).


Birthdays: late: Mark Schnitzer (4/3).

Keeping-in-touch: We enjoyed a quiet Easter, actually found a seat at the early Mass (in the choir space).  I do hope all our "distant companions" who rarely join in our assembly may have a powerful experience of Christ's love and more fully participate this Easter Season and through-out the year.  I hope we can all live as "the gathering of the gifted."
     Julie's due date will arrive fairly soon and Marge will travel to San Jose' to help-out.  We'll need to prepare Marge's garden soon.  Oh what a delightful time of year!
     I keep busy with classes and my efforts to build a network of religious educators using the Internet together.  I'm excited about building a course based on Jonathan Bender's play, In the Belly of the Whale.

The Readings: Second Sunday of Easter

Comments on the readings: Second Sunday of Easter, Fr Foley: "...his choice was surprisingly simple. It was taken in the absence of any proof, since proofs emerge from choice, they do not precede it."
My Comments: I can relate to the Apostles and Thomas: I find myself afraid and, at times, doubting the things I have "spent myself" in life.  But, as Fr Foley writes, I make choices and find direction in them (sometimes a call to make an about-face!).

May the peace of Christ be with each of you.

John

No comments:

Post a Comment