Thursday, April 22, 2010

Fourth Sunday of Easter

My Companions: Let us pray for all the people who are displaced because of the Iceland Volcano. Let's pray, and do what we can, for the people suffering in poverty: may the “Cycling for Change” event, this summer, raise our consciousness of the plight of the poor and help us to respond in responsible ways. Please, Lord, help the unemployed and under employed; change the hearts of those whose selfishness and greed causes such pain. Help everyone on our lists and thank You for the glorious life you give us each day.  Thank you for Ed Luckett's new full-time job and be with Deb as she struggles with gallstones.


Birthdays: Pat Serveiss (4/16),. Anniversaries: Fr Michael Carvill (4/22), my mother (d.) & dad (4/23)

Keeping-in-touch: I missed last week (and didn't write about Our Risen Christ grilling fish); none of my companions called me on my dereliction so you all must have been finishing your taxes also! We still have no new baby in San Jose and Marge has changed her flight... looks like the doctor will push Julie along if nothing happens by Monday. My colleagues in Omaha and at Ignation Scholars have given me wonderful critique for the development of adult education on interfaith dialogue; so I'm back on the drawing board. This weekend I will join men of Nativity Parish for a retreat in Estes Park so I take extra time to pray for all of you (no phone or Internet... I'll surely have D Ts)

The Readings: Fourth Sunday of Easter

Comments on the readings: Fr. Foley: "I have a hunch that you do recognize Jesus’ voice when you hear it."
My Comments: We have a wonderful Gospel: “I know mine and mine know Me.”

May the peace of Christ be with each of you.

John

No comments:

Post a Comment