Sunday, March 7, 2010

Sam Eccher (3/6/10)

Sam Eccher
My colleague and friend Sam Eccher died last night.  I knew him as the lively writing consultant who needed "just five minutes of your class time to share my services for your students."  He loved his students and helped many with writing skills they had missed or forgotten.

He knew everyone at Regis and probably forgot more of the history of the place than I'll ever know.

Please keep this wonderful man and his family in your prayers.  I suspect he may be crossing the Ts and dotting the Is with Jesus today.

I'll put a link to more information HERE (link to obituary). A Memorial Mass for Sam will be Saturday, March 27, 2010 at 11:00 a.m. at the St. John Francis Regis Chapel.

Blessings,    John

2 comments:

  1. What a great tribute. Sam was truly one of my favorite people at Regis and a dear friend. I will miss him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sam was my father, and although he demanded alot, it was because he despised mediocrity. If you were a student who just wanted a degree for a higher salary at your job, you probably didnt enjoy his class. However, if you were one of the few students that actually wanted to learn something, my father could teach you how to write like a Harvard graduate. He knew more about the English language than I will ever understand, and he could read literature most people cant even comprehend. If you would like to e-mail me I can be reached at eccher_rudy@yahoo.com.

    Regards,

    Rudy

    ReplyDelete