Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Third Sunday of Lent

My Companions: Pray that everyone will accept the love of God.  Pray for Dan.  And Pray for Sam. (see the comments for this week, I appreciate the email that helps us know the need for prayer of our "companions"... Patrick and Marietta Linney, Sam's daughter).  Pray we will give an extra effort to help living things bear good fruit.


Birthdays: a blank calendar this week!

Keeping-in-touch: March came in like a lamb in Denver-land.  The weekend filled-up with networking activities (Living the Catholic Faith Conference) and a celebration of life (Pat O'Donnell's).  Nathan has a couple teeth and John's planned a trip to LA (and will be graciously be received by SCC people).

The Readings: 3rd Sunday of Lent

Comments on the readings: 3rd Sunday of Lent: Fr. Foley: "Yet what if Jesus is not the owner but the gardener in the parable?"
My Comments: These readings challenged me: how much can I tend to the garden or tree that produces no fruit?

May the peace of Christ be with each of you.

John

2 comments:

  1. I have some bad news and some good news. Karen and Dan are back in Grand Rapids. Dan had his bone marrow drawn last Friday and it was full of blast cells, 80% full. He met with the doctors on Monday and they told him the treatment had failed and there was nothing else they could do for him. Karen called us Monday night and told us the situation and that they were coming home. We picked them up at the airport last night. It doesn't look good right now but Dan's brother, who is a doctor in Ann Arbor, is checking at the U of M hospital for any other treatment that might be available. I'll keep you posted on that result.

    On a happier note, Karen called us late last night and said she and Dan are getting married. It will be a private wedding at their house. The judge Molly works for will go there and do the ceremony. We are very happy about this.

    Keep them in your prayers as Dan's situation is grave but they still have hope.

    Uncle Pat

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just wanted to update you about my dad. I received a call today from Good Samaritan Hospital that he has taken a turn for the worse. He has been in the hospital for a month. He now has a blood infection and they are concerned about him being able to get on top of it. He will probably be moved to ICU and the nurse indicated that things didn't look good.

    I contacted Father Daly regarding Last Rights- I am not familiar as to the appropriate timing-but I know for sure that my dad would definitely want to receive them.

    Could you help spread the word to the Regis Community to send prayers my dad's way?
    Thank you!

    I am leaving for Denver Friday morning. My brother, Rudy is up there now.


    Marietta Linney

    ReplyDelete