Saturday, March 27, 2010

Palm Sunday of the Lord’s Passion

My Companions: Let us pray for all who have experienced suffering at the hands of leaders who do not know the awesome love of God (or they would never hurt others) as we read the Passion this weekend and week.  "Lord, help us know the exploding love of Father, Son and Spirit."  Also please continue to pray for all the companions on our list, especially Nancy, Dan, Judi and Donna.  And I've added Sr. Peg: thanksgiving for relief after back surgery and continued healing.  "And Lord, help us to see the windows You open for us to thrive and serve."


Birthdays: Karen Carnegie (3/22), Rachel (Kobza) Varra (3/23), Sallie Dembeck (3/23), me (3/24).

Keeping-in-touch: I'm really late... "the hurrier I go the behinder I get."  My trip to the City of Angels and the Town of Mickey Mouse went well.  I basked in the gracious hospitality of Lacey and Chris and saw some moments of sun on a sea with surf!  I enjoyed meeting new, potential, partners and returned home exhausted.

Comments on the readings: Palm Sunday of the Lord’s Passion, Fr Foley: "All leadership has service at its root." 
My Comments: The Easter Story helps me live life to the full.  But this tough, tough weekend with its praise and passion shows the "not yet fulfilled" reality of our life in Christ.

May the peace of Christ be with each of you.

John

No comments:

Post a Comment