Saturday, November 21, 2009

The Solemnity of Christ the King


My Companions: Better late than never??  In the "Links" on the side I have added a link to "Listen to Scripture."  That link takes you to pod casts for the daily readings (they're produced ahead so you will have to scroll down to the present day).  I hear of many who are sick, out of work or just struggling with life; let us pray and work for all hurting persons.  I also hear of great joy: new babies, old friends connecting after many years and people finding peace in their lives.  I have a special prayer for Lacey Kobza who will move to California, keep her safe and may she find true "gold."  May we praise the Lord and may the Lord give us strength.


Birthdays: Anniversary: George Stevens 11/17, Megan (Lay) Stevens 11/19, Lacey Kobza 11/21.

Keeping-in-touch: Nana has been able to watch Nathan a couple days and it brings such joy to her heart!!  I've been working seeking the Charter Members of our Emmaus Institute Network and appreciate the help of Karen and Ed.  I've also enjoyed working in the traditional college filling-in for another sick instructor: the students are sooooo young.  And we've enjoyed our snow dumpings & meltings.  Oh, and the news is: Julie and Jason will have a little girl in April.  That will even the grandchildren to two girls and two boys!!!

The Readings:
http://www.usccb.org/nab/112209.shtml
Comments on the Readings: Fr. Foley: “I could make the present reflection into a campaign for action, action now."
http://www.liturgy.slu.edu/33OrdB111509/reflections_foley.html
My Comments: As the Church year draws to a close and we reflect on the end of the world, I ask myself: "What kind of King are you seeking?"

May the peace of Christ be with each of you.

John

No comments:

Post a Comment