Saturday, November 7, 2009

Thirty-second Sunday in Ordinary Time


My Companions: As always, we have so much for which to pray: the glory of the life around us, all the people on our lists, and for discernment of God's will for us...  My special prayer this week is for all who suffer and are near the end of their days (fill-in the blank _______________) and remember what these people teach us about the tentative nature of our short lives and how we expect redemption through our suffering.
Keeping In-touch:  It's Saturday afternoon and I'm only getting this posted "under the wire."  We had a wonderful time with our daughters, son, son-in-laws and grandchildren!  The snow has melted and we enjoy 70 degree temps...
The Readings: http://www.usccb.org/nab/110809.shtml
Reflection on the readings: http://www.liturgy.slu.edu/33OrdB111509/reflections_foley.html  "God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change; courage to change the things I can; and wisdom to know the difference."
My reflection: When I look at my calendar, when I look at my "check-book," I see where my treasure really is.

No comments:

Post a Comment