Monday, November 23, 2009

First Sunday of Advent



My Companions: Prayers are answered, sometime in the way we wished: Greg writes: "please change our house status to the "Thansgiving and Praise" section for sale of our house and finding a new home." And we still have a long list of petitions, praise and... I hope, as we celebrate Thanksgiving with hearts of gratitude and prepare for our yearly celebration of the Incarnation this Advent, we can be filled with life and hope.


Birthdays: an empty calendar this week.

Keeping-in-touch: Not much new to share (especially since I've been running late and now post early in the week). We expect to keep busy with work and holiday preparations.

The Readings: http://www.usccb.org/nab/112909.shtml

Comments on the Readings: Fr. Foley: “If you can say “You are right, I am afraid of these,” then go back to the Responsorial Psalm and pray. Beg that Christ be given birth in your soul..." http://www.liturgy.slu.edu/1AdvC112909/reflections_foley.html

My Comments: I know that I'm anxious. I keep very busy and work to "put on a happy face," but even in my efforts to discern God's will, I wonder if I'm truely open to God's "next best opportunity."

May the peace of Christ be with each of you.
John

No comments:

Post a Comment