Saturday, July 11, 2009

Fifteenth Sunday in Ordinary Time


My Companions: I ask that you pray with me for (the other) John and Margaret Lay who celebrate their love in Christ today, their wedding day. Otherwise pray for safty on the roads and all our needs and concerns as well as thanksgiving for blessings received and the Glory of God.

Birthdays this week: Dave Larson 7/9 Katie (Norton) Frodl 7/10 Ryan Beck 7/11


Keeping-in-touch: Wow another week of travel (almost updated this blog before you gather for our weekly celebration... at least those of us on this side of "the pond," Lou!). 1,600+ miles and we will still drive from Chicago to Lincoln to Broomfield after Johnny and Maggie's wedding. We had good celebrations of Independence Day in Twin Lakes with Fr. Ed & family & friends and another celebration in Broomfield.We had a good visit with the Weeds and the Pinteks and I reconnected with a high school classmate and tennis partner, Bob Blackburn... it's good to tell old stories and laugh!



Comments on the Readings: Fr. Foley: “In your own life, why not be on the lookout for gifts and givers?”http://www.liturgy.slu.edu/15OrdB071209/reflections_foley.html

My Comments: I try to keep open and hear what the Lord is sending me to do each day. I added a picture my friend Greg sent this week... it reminds me of the glory of God and the gratitued in my heart for all God's creation


May the peace of Christ be with each of you.


John

1 comment:

  1. Melanie McClanahanJuly 27, 2009 at 5:03 PM

    We had a horrible 7 months or so, but just this last month things started to turn around. His pain is under control and we think he is responding well to the chemo treatments he is on. So, we are taking it all day by day at this point and just are happy that he is feeling good.

    ReplyDelete