Thursday, July 23, 2009

Seventeenth Sunday in Ordinary Time


My Companions: I have heard of many concerns: Theresa (aunt Margie’s sister) needs prayer for her up-coming heart surgery and I have been asked to pray for my Sister’s, Judy’s, daughter, Molly who has a terrible disease. My colleague and friend, Pat O’Donnell, had an emergency brain surgery and is recovering. Niece, Katie Lay, told us of her engagement to Nick and we’re happy that the wedding will not take place ‘till next fall; pray that they celebrate love that exists when that satisfaction, security and development of another is as important as one’s own satisfaction, security and development. I’m sure there are many concerns, as well as, prayers of gratitude and praise that I can not begin to list.
Birthdays/Anniversaries this week: Larry Lay 7/14 (b-day), Megan & Cullen Stevens 7/14 (wedding anniversary),
Keeping-in-touch: Life is slowly returning to the normal rush… We took some special time to go camping in the national forest with Lori Beth and Tony (and their puppies). We’re happy to enjoy the quiet of our home and begin to catch-up on professional and personal activities.
The Readings:
http://www.usccb.org/nab/readings/072609.shtml
Comments on the Readings: Fr. Foley: “…keep this Lord before our eyes. The God who gives lasting peace.”
http://www.liturgy.slu.edu/17OrdB072609/reflections_foley.html
My Comments: I don’t know about you, but so often I, unreasonably, worry about how we will continue to make the dollars outlast the month. When we gather this weekend the Lord calls us to trust that He will provide!


May the peace of Christ be with each of you.

John

No comments:

Post a Comment