Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Fourteenth Sunday in Ordinary Time

My Companions: Randy had an MRI on his feet; let’s hope the doctors can find ways to cure/help him. Let’s pray for an excellent experience for the Cambodian girls that will study English at Regis and stay at the Lumpp’s. Pray for Marge’s friend, Nancy Fitz, operation to remove tumors. Let’s pray for all the travelers this holiday. And we’re thankful for all the moisture we have received in the Denver area.
Birthdays this week: Christine (Lay) Parise 6/30, Rev. Ed Poehlmann 7/4
Keeping-in-touch: This week we should slide back to normal, do chores around the house, catch-up on course-work and get ready for another trip. I’m enjoying the Wimbledon matches that I can see. Mike’s teaching me to play the game. I had a few hits in the Nativity Men’s Softball game but couldn’t put the ball over the plate; I served too many walks. Marge is doing better after the loss of her sister: we really appreciate your prayers.
The Readings:
http://www.usccb.org/nab/readings/070509.shtml
Comments on the Readings: Fr. Foley: “Let us take a different look at miracles… Doesn’t love have to be two-way?”
http://www.liturgy.slu.edu/14OrdB070509/reflections_foley.html
My Comments: I can relate to the readings soooo much! If Jesus could experience such rejection in his home town, why should I have such thin skin?? I will work to open myself to love and put our faith into practice.


May the peace of Christ be with each of you.

John

No comments:

Post a Comment