Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Divine Mercy Sunday

My Companions: The good news is Madelaine Lumpp’s surgery recovery. Continue to pray for those who are sick and those seeking opportunities to use their talents in this challenging economy. As always, leave comments if you wish.
Birthdays this week: nothing on my calendar again.
Keeping-in-touch: We had a wonderful celebration of the Triduum and participated in the beautiful liturgies Thurs. thru Sun. Matt, Lori Beth & Tony joined us for Easter Dinner; some storytelling and laughter. I’m running behind… but finally sent in the taxes.
The Readings:
http://www.usccb.org/nab/041909.shtml
Comments on the Readings: Fr. Foley: “Jesus was the river of love that God had poured into the world. He was now flowing back into the ocean of the Trinity and taking us along, whichever of us chooses to believe.”
http://www.liturgy.slu.edu/2EasterB041909/reflections_foley.html
My Comments: In many ways, the Resurrection is so difficult to imagine that I can understand the difficulties of “doubting Thomas.” I wonder what Thomas, and all the other disciples of Jesus, really expected. How might our expectations fail at the glory of living in the Community of Love that is the Trinity? Also, I feel the awful awkwardness of Thomas when I experience the Love of the Lord, after my moments of desolation. How wonderful is the Lord’s mercy!

What is your experience of receiving forgiveness?
How do you understand this mercy we have been offered?
Does this understanding make a difference for you?
How will this experience of forgiveness and mercy change your behavior?


May the peace of Christ be with each of you.

John

No comments:

Post a Comment