Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Third Sunday of Easter



My Companions: We have all our regular people that need our prayers.
I put a picture of the Dixons on this issue (Kim, Amanda, Matthew and Gary). Gary sees the hospice people this week and he has a lot of pain. He honored me years ago when he joined our friend, Kim, in Holy Matrimony and asked me to be his best man. We prayed and laid hands on him when they visited last summer. I love my friend and want you all to know what a wonderful husband, father, educator and friend he is. It looks like we will not have opportunities to play tennis, drink micro-brews, argue educational philosophy or share our faith in person. But he’s in my heart now and will continue always.
Another friend, Tom Martin, who left to work for the Lord way too early in his days, wrote that a friend can be closer to you from a distant land or across dimensions of life than others next to you in a crowded room of people. And he said, “John, I’ll always be with you.” And he has been.
Let us always know we live as a community of saints and our tears will turn into dancing.
Birthdays this week: Kevin Norton
Keeping-in-touch: We had a wonderful, long weekend at Grand Lake thanks to our good friends who let us use their cabin. And I made contact with some high school classmates… Facebook is a kick! It’s “springtime in the Rockies” 1 – 4’ of snow over the weekend.
The Readings:
http://www.usccb.org/nab/041909.shtml
Comments on the Readings: Fr. Foley: By this time the apostles had come to their senses… Peter knew the “rest of the story.”
http://www.liturgy.slu.edu/3EasterB042609/reflections_foley.html
My Comments: Sometimes, when I look back, I realize angels have released me from oppression. And I wonder how often I have not recognized Jesus working in my life.


May the peace of Christ be with each of you.

John

2 comments:

  1. An update about my mom: She is still in a nursing home, working on getting strength back into her knee. She is walking again, but not well enough to risk going home. However, progress is being made every week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sharon on Kari KirtonApril 23, 2009 at 8:33 AM

    Kari just had her follow-up tests this week and the good news is that there are no new areas, the questionable part is the original area is still showing something, but they can't tell what it is???? So goes for an MRI today to get a better look at it, possibly they can remove it via surgery --one they figure out what it is....after that she will be getting some kind of shot for preventative measure...things sound 'good', but I am still not sure yet, will keep you posted.

    ReplyDelete