Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Third Sunday of Lent


My Companions: After receiving my forward (a blond joke) my friend, Sharon (a blond, “cowboy” from WY and one of the causalities of our economic mess) replied that she went to Seattle to care for a friend, Keri Kirton, who has returned from the hospital after her first chemo treatment in her fight against melanoma cancer. We have so much for which to pray! I heard Sam Eccher has regained some strength. Otherwise, continue to review and remember those on our lists. Birthdays this week: John Lay (my brother Larry’s son who will marry Maggie in July!)

Keeping-in-touch: Oh what a full week! I met with four people who showed interest in facilitating a course with our Emmaus Project; I visited with the Chancellor of the Archdiocese to “show and tell;” I worked with Deacon John Smith to begin helping him use the distance learning tools; I gave my presentation at the RMR AAR meeting; and I met in a net-meeting with Sr Janet, in London! The other good news: my number did not come-up so I do not have to serve on jury duty this week. We had some wonderful Spring-like weather but it’s snowing as I write this blog this morning.


The Readings:
http://www.usccb.org/nab/031509a.shtml
Comments on the Readings: Fr. Foley: “We are made to be filled with God’s presence, to be beloved by God and to love God in return.”
http://www.liturgy.slu.edu/3LentB031509/reflections_foley.html
My reflections: maybe if we recognized the whole of creation and all of God’s people as “God’s house” we would, more often, experience a “righteous indignation” at the marketplace. As we have been watching the movie, The Passion of the Christ, my friend, Mark, becomes very upset at the way people “just stood around and let that happen.” This is quite a challenge for us who try to shelter ourselves from the pain and suffering in our midst”


May the peace of Christ be with each of you.

John

No comments:

Post a Comment