Monday, December 22, 2008

Nativity of Our Lord

My Companions:
Be filled with the Love of our God who came to us as a little baby to poor people on a journey! Merry Christmas. Let us remember all the homeless, poor, underemployed the sick and the oppressed as we also rejoice with our families and friends this Christmas Day. As always please pray for the companions I have listed on this blog. Judi Cole still struggles in the hospital. I talked to Gary Dixon yesterday and many days he can work a half a day; the treatments zap the life out of him. And please pray for Nancy Mulligan and her children, especially Ford, as the holidays are difficult for them this year after loosing their husband & father. Nancy told me that Fr Ed Hoffmann has been a wonderful help for her in these difficult times… the stories of compassion delight my spirits. Along with Christmas, I have many birthdays on my calendar: Chuck Olson, Judy Cole, Julie Schnitzer, and Lindsey Ross (also, it would have been my mother’s birthday this week).

Keeping-in-touch:
There’s not too much new. I’m putting the completing touches on the Old Testament Course and am inviting an evaluation team to assess the work starting in January.


The Readings (three choices or read all three):
http://www.usccb.org/nab/122508.shtml

Comments on the Readings:
Fr. Foley claims we are in a holy place and tells how he realized how God could come as a baby:http://www.liturgy.slu.edu/ChristmasB122508/reflections_foley.html

My Reflections: I am filled with wonder and joy… what else can I write?

May the peace of Christ be with each of you.

John

2 comments:

  1. Please pardon me for the mass mailing but I figured this was the most efficient way to get the word out. Les was taken to Good Sam this morning by L F D because he was having an acute asthma attack very early this AM. Eleanor wanted him to go to Elmhurst but because of the seriousness of his condition they had to take him to Good Sam.

    He is being admitted to ICU with respiratory distress and heart failure. His condition is serious at this time.

    I don't have any more info but will keep you informed as it comes along. Please keep him and Eleanor and the rest of the family in your thoughts and prayers.
    Thanks and Love
    Don

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello my friends-

    I am eagerly awaiting our meeting in February! I am experiencing some Ignatian Scholars withdrawal, so to speak.

    I have a request of you all, which I hope isn’t too much. My husband and I have been experiencing a very difficult holiday season. He was hospitalized with pneumonia last week, and has been battling some mysterious swelling ever since. A bit of history…he has pulmonary issues due to a rare cancer he was diagnosed with a few years ago, which thankfully has been in remission. The swelling, however, has been mysterious enough that we can’t help but fear it may be related to his pulmonary issues.
    So…please…in the spirit of the new year, Christ’s birth, and all such wonderful things…keep my husband, Mike, and I in your prayers as we weather this difficult time.
    I, in return, will keep you all in my prayers for health, prosperity and happiness in 2009. Oh, and to finish those academic journals!

    With sincere thanks,

    (Melanie sent this to our Ignatian Scholars group; I'm posting on the blog for the rest of us... an who ever else may happen upon our blog... John)

    ReplyDelete