Tuesday, December 30, 2008

The Holy Family of Jesus, Mary and Joseph


The Holy Family of Jesus, Mary and Joseph
Solemnity of the Blessed Virgin Mary, the Mother of God
Epiphany of the Lord

My Companions:
I can report that my sister, Judi Cole, is still in the hospital but getting stronger. Melanie writes that her husband, Mike, still has a difficult time and she seeks our prayers also my brother Don requests prayers for his Father-in-law (see their request in “comments” on Nativity of Our Lord post). Let us keep in mind all who travel these days… the weather has not cooperated in many parts of the country. Birthdays this week: Alan Kobza, Sue Ross and Rebecca Amaro. Everyone have a wonderful New Year.


Keeping-in-touch:
We enjoyed a wonderful Christmas Eve Dinner at Lori Beth and Tony’s and Alan, Connie & Lacey Kobza joined our whole family Christmas Day… our delightful entertainment for Christmas included the grandchildren (Julianne & Charlie) and Matthew’s Wii game. I so enjoy the cards and family pictures and letters! I’m gathering a team of evaluators for the Old Testament Course and have received some good advise from my MBA daughter, Julie, and her computer wizard husband, Jason. I’ve had some computer problems that frustrate me to no end (so if this is my major dilemma, do I live a charmed, blessed, life… or what?)

The Readings (Holy Family, Mother of God, and Epiphany) :
http://www.usccb.org/nab/122808.shtml
http://www.usccb.org/nab/readings/090101.shtml
http://www.usccb.org/nab/readings/090104.shtml

Comments on the Readings:
Fr. Foley tells us more about the Prophetess, Anna, and challenges us to “Choose Light” when writing on the Magi :http://www.liturgy.slu.edu/HolyFamilyB122808/reflections_foley.html
http://www.liturgy.slu.edu/EpiphanyB010409/reflections_foley.html

My Reflections I hope you are as delighted with the stories of these Christmas Readings as I am: a Baby in a manger; an old man and old lady waiting for the one who will bring God’s Word to all of us; shepherds, magi and The Mother of God. These are fantastic stories that are both “down to earth” and “out of this world.” I hope we can live with the wonder, the awe, the simplicity and the mystery throughout the New Year.

May the peace of Christ be with each of you.

John

1 comment:

  1. Les has improved overnight and is now stable. His tests are coming back good and they are optimistic about his recovery at this point. Thank you for all your concern and prayers; I'm they were heard.

    If I don't talk to you before tomorrow I hope you all have a safe and wonderful New Year's.
    Thanks Again.
    Love and Peace
    Don and Kris

    ReplyDelete