Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Twenty-eighth Sunday in Ordinary Time

My Companions:
We heard from Kim that Gary “has a couple good days” as he works through the cancer treatment. And Mary Weed continues to struggle with her treatments. We’re expecting the best. My calendar this week shows: Birthdays: Bill Smith, Judy Lay, Cameron Stevens and Clarley Stevens; Wedding Anniversary: Pat and Mary Norton.


Keeping-in-touch:
Marge and I spent another colorful, long weekend in the Colorado Rockies, this time in the Grand Lake Area. Many thanks to my friend, Ted. Otherwise we journeyed through a normal week, if there is such a thing. We’re looking forward to the festival at Presentation of Our Lady Church this weekend. I plan to do some writing and grade papers…

The Readings:
http://www.usccb.org/nab/101208.shtml

Comments on the Readings:
Fr. Foley reminds us that Jesus both fasted and feasted:
First, I often wondered about the fellow who attended the wedding feast without a wedding gown, was bound and thrown out on his ear! I guess that seems harsh because I live in such a “casual social network.” After some reflection and reading, it hit me: the fellow did not choose to prepare or fully participate in a wonderful celebration. This lesson is a challenge for me to attend more fully to my prayer life in order to more abundantly contribute to the celebration that is Life… to both feast and fast with gusto!

May the peace of Christ be with each of you.

John

1 comment:

  1. Nic left this morning for three weeks in Cambodia. He is trying to get the foundation work organized there. Last time he got sick when he got back. They diagnosed it as West Nile Fever, but later the doc said he thought is was Dengue Fever. Similar symptoms. Anyway, prayers appreciated. We don't want that again!

    Update: Billy Maggio has been on an experimental medicine since his cancer reappeared in his new liver. It hasn't grown since they started the medicine, but it hasn't attacked it like it was hoped. So they are starting more agressive chemo. Continuing prayers in order here as well.

    ReplyDelete