Tuesday, February 20, 2018

Second Sunday of Lent

My Companions, pray with me:
Lord, your disciples saw you in your glorified light, help us to know the glory of your light and life. Thank you for all your gifts and please watch over all who suffer and need renewed health. Wrap your loving arms around all those who suffer from the Florida shooting tragedy. Please continue to watch over and heal "Grandma Kobza" (Eleanore), Marge's friend, Jill, and all those on our list. Welcome all who have gone before us in to your loving light.  We ask all of this in Jesus name. 
     Amen

Companion EventsBirthdays: Byron Plumley (2/18), Robert J Bruchez (2/20), Tony Gulmantovicz (2/22), Michele (McOmbar) Lay (2/23), Mitch Ross (2/23). In memoriam: Pasquale Frank "Pat" Bruno (2/18/2013), Richard Smith Jr. (2/18/1958).

Keeping In-touch: I don't know how I ever worked, often at two jobs. I guess I just lived this wonderful life with other focal points!? I enjoyed preparing for our presentation and discussion of Breathing Underwater, Richard Rohr's book on Spirituality and the 12 Steps. We had a wonderful gathering with much enthusiasm. Snow greeted us yesterday and last night... I guess that brought more gratitude for our trip to the Sunshine State. We're looking forward to our grand daughter, Julianne's, choral concert at the end of this week.

The Readings: Second Sunday of Lent

Some Commentary for prayer or study: The Sunday Website

My comments and an invitation for your comments: I can not imagine experiencing Jesus in his transformed state with Moses and Elijah. Like, Peter, I would want to celebrate the experience, but, hopefully, I would simply enjoy that fullness of live. I desire to listen to God's Son and appreciate more and more "the Resurrection of the Dead." What do you think?

1 comment:

  1. My friend, Kimi, wanted to post the following (but said she was unable to leave a comment). So here you go...

    POPE FRANCIS’ WORDS

    Do you want to fast this Lent?

    Fast from hurting words and say kind words.
    Fast from sadness and be filled with gratitude.
    Fast from anger and be filled with patience.
    Fast from pessimism and be filled with hope.
    Fast from worries and trust in God.
    Fast from complaints and contemplate simplicity.
    Fast from pressures and be prayerful.
    Fast from bitterness and fill your heart with joy.
    Fast from selfishness and be compassionate to others.
    Fast from grudges and be reconciled.
    Fast from words and be silent so you can listen.

    ReplyDelete