Monday, January 8, 2018

Second Sunday of Ordinary Time

My Companions, pray with me:
Lord, we desire to stay with you. Like your first followers, we want to know where you live. Help us, like Eli, to listen and respond, "Speak Lord for your servant is listening." We will hear you and praise you.
Forgive us for our failures to listen and to act on your will that is the best direction for us on our journey. We need your help to forgive those who ignore us or shut us out.
We trust you will send us all that we need. We call to you to care for all those on our prayer lists and to welcome all who have gone before us to your kingdom to experience you in all your glory.
     Amen

Companion EventsBirthdays: Jack Parise (1/7), Cullen Stevens (1/11)In memoriam: Joseph Himpleman (1/7/1960).

Keeping In-touch: My thumb is healing and I'm experiencing some wonders of God's gracious healing power! We have taken down the Christmas lawn display and the outdoor lights. We continue to work on putting away our indoor decorations. We have so much gratitude for a wonderful Advent and Christmas Season. The blog post preceding this one provides an account of one of our grace-filled experiences.
We hope all our companions have been so blessed.


Some Commentary for prayer or study: The Sunday Website

My comments and an invitation for your comments: Jesus' followers asked where he was staying and they stayed with him. We have been given no description of a mansion or of a hut and I guess that it doesn't matter! 
So where does Jesus stay today? One of my companions writes, "I hope we can know when we look in a mirror!" 
Let's not spend our time and effort seeking the Lord only in the beautiful chapels and cathedrals, let's find him in one another and in the wonderful Creation we enjoy. Let us find him in our sorrows as well as our joys.
Thank you for breaking bread with me (companionship) and helping me to know the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment