Monday, January 29, 2018

Fifth Sunday in Ordinary Time

My Companions, pray with me:
Lord, thank you for your work and desire to make us healthy and full of life in body, heart, and mind. May we always use our health to serve you and all our brothers and sisters. We seek your mercy and kindness for our times we have been self-absorbed and failed to care for the needs of others. Please show your compassion to all of those on our sick list, especially my sister, Judi, and Marge's friend Jill. And, always, we commend those who have gone before us and trust in your love and mercy. We ask all of this in Jesus name. 
     Amen

Companion EventsBirthdays: Mary Ellen (Lay) Olsen (1/29), Colleen (Weed) Galdys (1/30), Vicki Schnitzer (1/31), John Kane (2/1), Mike DePriest (2/1).  Ed Luckett (2/2), Ben Vager (2/3).  In memoriam: Fr. Gerald E Sheeds (1/30/2013).

Keeping In-touch: We enjoyed watching our favorite tennis professional, Roger Federer, win the Australian Open and his 20th Grand Slam Tournament. We submitted our passports for renewal and look forward to our trip to Europe. And some of our SCC Community Members walked through my first "Breathing Underwater" presentation. We simply delight in living our charmed lives.


Some Commentary for prayer or study: The Sunday Website

My comments and an invitation for your comments: Jesus cured Peter's mother-in-law, then she, immediately, began to serve Jesus and his friends. Too often when I have been "cured" by my disease of body, mind or spirit, I simply enjoy my regained health and fail to show my gratitude much less immediately turn to others and serve them.

No comments:

Post a Comment